Assembling A Telescope

On Friday, Mr.Squires brought out a box labelled the “Galileoscope” which was a small telescope used for seeing nearby astronomical objects. We are taking this telescope to the Great Aussie Bush Camp which we are going to this Wednesday. I think its a great idea to take this telescope there because I think there will not be as much light pollution to stop us from seeing the magnificent sky.

image_20150618163220_t

The telescope had about 15 steps to complete and it was easier than I thought it would be. There were 2 eyepieces, one which showed the image small and the other large; there was one thick lens and four thin ones; a stand, and many other pieces.

image_20150618163231_t

After assembling it, we went outside and tested it. Of course we were unable to see any planets, stars or anything else similar since it was day so we just looked at trees. It worked very well so we just wished it would be a nice, clear sky in the Great Aussie Bush Camp.

image_20150618163401_t

Overall, it was very interesting for me to see the parts needed to make a telescope and to check it out in general. It also inspired me to read even more about astronomy (which I did for quite a while over the weekend).

image_20150618163248_t

So all I’m hoping for is a great sky so we can see the astronomical bodies more closely than ever.

thanks for reading